Re: [O] How to include section in exported Latex file, but not in table

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to include section in exported Latex file, but not in table of contents
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:01:14 +0000

Viktor Rosenfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to include an entry of my org file in the exported Latex
> file, but I would like the entry to be skipped in the table of contents.
>
> In other words, I would like to reproduce the behavior of Latex commands
> like \section* and so on. Is this at all possible?
>
> I tried EXPORT_OPTIONS: toc:nil in a property drawer below the entry,
> but that didn't work out.
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor

AFAIK, I don't think this is possible as headlines are exported as
either \section or \section* depending on your num: setting for the
whole document.

However, it *is* possible to do the opposite of what you want, albeit
with direct latex code.  That is, you can have sections *not* included
in the table of contents automatically but have those that you want
included by adding an explicit =\addcontentsline= directive into your
org file.  For example:

#+LaTeX: \tableofcontents

* Introduction
  This is some introductory text.
* Included in toc
  #+LaTeX: \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{The actual entry in TOC}
  This section heading should appear in the table of contents.
* Conclusions
  But this will not appear in the toc.

Unfortunately, numbering is not done at all so you would have to do this
manually if you wanted numbers.  Also note that the "toc:t" setting is
actually ignored as you have not asked for numbering...  so you have to
explicitly ask for the table of contents yourself.

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.136.ge2707)