Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:43:52 +0000

Hi Nicolas

> Hello,
>
> I've commited an ASCII back-end for new export engine.
>
> Assuming contrib directory is in your load-path, you just need to
> (require 'org-export) to have both LaTeX and ASCII exporters ready to
> boot.
>
> You can then access to the dispatcher with M-x org-export-dispatch and
> test various configurations from there.

[...]

I've been playing with (org-export-dispatch) with regard to some simple
source blocks and have a couple of observations (apologies in advance if
source blocks are not fully implemented yet).

The test code is:

* Test

#+begin_src emacs-lisp       # :exports both
;; Add two numbers
(+ 2 3)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 5

1) The commented out `# :exports both' appears to be exported as
uncommented and relevant (actually, this appears to be true of the original
exporter too).

2) If the source block is executed in buffer with (org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c),
as shown above, then the exporter appears to export the in-buffer
results /and/ the export-generated results (where :exports is results
or both) resulting in two sets of identical results in the export.

For the record, I much prefer your new Ascii layout, over that provided
by the original exporter.

HTH

Best, Martyn