Re: [O] overruling subscripts in latex export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] overruling subscripts in latex export
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:27:08 -0500

Peter Rayner <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm documenting some code including lists of parameters.  These have
> underscores in them which I don't want to interpret as subscripts.
> According to the manual I can overrule this behaviour with an option
> but it looks like I'm doing something wrong.
>
> Here is the test file
> #+TITLE: test file
>
> - p_c_in :: this is the first parameter
> - g_c_in :: and this is the second

> \begin{description}
> \item[p$_c$$_{\mathrm{in}}$] this is the first parameter
> \item[g$_c$$_{\mathrm{in}}$] and this is the second
> \end{description}

I get

,----
| \begin{description}
| \item[p\_{}c\_{}in] this is the first parameter
| \item[g\_{}c\_{}in] and this is the second
| \end{description}
`----

which is what's expected. It might be that you didn't update the setup
of the buffer after you added  the #+OPTIONS line (just press C-c C-c on
it). Equivalently, kill the buffer and find-file again: the option should
be active.

Assuming of course that you have a reasonably modern version of org. Mine is

Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.230.g67cb2.dirty)
         (which includes a few local patches)

Nick