Re: [O] Tangling text files

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Tangling text files
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:43:47 -0700

dlc <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I tangle txt to a txt file?
>
> #+TITLE:  Centos 5 Apache Configuration
> #+AUTHOR: David Coate
>
> * Basic Conguration
> * Php Settings
> * Virtual Host
>    e.g.  for apache configuration
> ** example.com
>      Use this as main website, use drupal,  various other notes
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC: txt :tangle vhost.conf
> ServerName Example.com
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/example.com"
> #+END_SRC:

It is actually just a syntax problem, you should delete the ":"s after
your begin and end src lines so the above becomes

#+BEGIN_SRC txt :tangle vhost.conf
ServerName Example.com
DocumentRoot "/var/www/example.com"
#+END_SRC

Then tangling should work as expected.  You'd be surprised how long it
took me to notice the colons :).  One good way to solve these sorts of
issues is using the built in templates, e.g., type "<s" at the beginning
of a line and then press TAB.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte