Re: [O] Google Tasks Integration

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] Google Tasks Integration
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:07:02 +0100

On 01/30/2012 08:33 PM, Patrick Brennan wrote:
This weekend, while trying to avoid doing any real work, I started noodling
around with the Google Tasks API and I got a respectable distance toward a
script which will read your Google Tasks and export them to Org-mode.
Currently it will capture the task title, the notes, the todo status (TODO
or DONE) and the hierarchy, i.e. child tasks will be correctly placed under
their parents. There's still a lot of polish to apply, and of course, there
is no bidirectional capability as yet. Still, I wanted to send out this
notice in case anyone wanted to compare notes or thought it might be an
interesting application to share. The mobile apps for Google Tasks are
quite good, and if I can get a really good export going, I think this will
actually provide a plausible alternative workflow to the existing MobileOrg
flow.

Patrick

I'm interested. I've written a CalDAV importer (and recently published part of it) and I'm interested in finding ways to get at least some amount of bi-directionality, for example, avoiding to re-import org entries (I can do that but it will work only for me then). Perhaps we can find some guidelines for sync.

Cheers,

Simon