[O] refile and link

From: Skip Collins
Subject: [O] refile and link
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:49:21 -0500

I would like to have a quick way to refile subtrees in another file
while creating a link to the new location. In my use case, I keep a
comprehensive list of projects in Projects.org. Each top level
headline is the title of a project. Some projects details (TODOs,
notes, etc.) may be included under the headline. A project may grow to
the point that I want to manage it within a separate org file. In this
case it would be fantastic to have a quick refile command that leaves
behind the original headline and a link to the new location. Does this
make sense? Maybe I should be using agendas to accomplish what I want.
But keeping a canonical list of projects in a single file seems like
the right thing to do.

--
skip collins