Re: [O] New tutorial on using Emacs lisp for Org spreadsheet formulas

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] New tutorial on using Emacs lisp for Org spreadsheet formulas
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 07:27:29 +0100

> I don't see what is clumsy with affiliated keywords.

Well, you write the arguments before starting the source block, getting
everything wardbacks (and I don't think that's easier to parse, but you
would know better(*)).  Then there is the verbosity of the headers
themselves, but that's an argument based on aesthetics.  Last but not
least I can never remember if any of the "#+" stuff is supposed to end
with a ":" and whether it wants another ":" in front of the arguments or
not.

(*) Reminds me I'll have to try what happens if I write header arguments
that are detached from the source block.  Devious, I know, but the
manual does not really specify anything.

>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs_lisp
>> :+HEADERS:
>>   :var data1=1
>>   :var data2=2
>> :END:
>>   (message "data1:%S, data2:%S" data1 data2)
>> #END_SRC
>
> Src-blocks are elements. As such, they can't contain drawers.

If you look carefully, that source block above does not contain a
drawer.  It has a (hypothetical) associated multiline header argument
that happens to look and feel like a drawer.

> Though, drawers can contain src-blocks.

Is there any specification that they must fully contain them?

Anyway, that was just an idea and if nobody likes it, that's fine with
me, too.

Regards,
Achim.