[O] Turning a link into a non-link

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Turning a link into a non-link
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 22:48:18 -0500

Hi, Org mode people.

I sometimes want to turn [[POINTER][COMMENT]] into COMMENT.  That is, I
want to remove the clickability, but retain the text.

To do so, I try `C-c C-l', empty the pointer, type RET, leave the
comment as it is, and type RET.  Org mode reacts by writing "Empty link"
in the minibuffer, and removing the COMMENT from the text.

Could it keep COMMENT in the text, instead of deleting it?

François

P.S. The converse operation is easier! :-) For adding a POINTER to an
already existing COMMENT text, I first do `C-c l' somewhere, than select
COMMENT with the mouse, and complete with `C-c C-l RET RET'.