Re: [O] Turning a link into a non-link

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Turning a link into a non-link
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 08:01:07 -0500

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> François Pinard <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I sometimes want to turn [[POINTER][COMMENT]] into COMMENT.

> This is done by org-make-link-string: it considers an empty link to be
> an error.  If you toggle-debug-on-error, you will get a backtrace.

>> Could it [`C-c C-l' given an empty link] keep COMMENT in the text,
>> instead of deleting it?

> [...] you should write a separate function that unlinks the link.

OK, should easily be done on my side.  I perceived `C-c C-l' as a little
tool for editing links in various ways.  As it can already create a link
out of no link, it already "communicates with the void" enough, so I
thought it could delete a link as well as part of its general function.

May I guess that, given a dangling link, Org mode does not offer a way
for cleaning the link part without losing its text?  Shouldn't it?

François