Re: [O] hidestarsfile: "hidestars" for file

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] hidestarsfile: "hidestars" for file
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:57:41 +0100

Hi all

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 17:43, Michael Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am still uncertain about if this could be made Org-mode-specific to
> cover more use cases: When switching between Org mode and another
> major mode like Fundamental mode [...]

Now I see that for testing how a hidestarsfile looks like in a file
viewer or simple editor, preferred over switching the major mode is:
Just stay in Org mode and with org-hide-leading-stars still enabled
from before, temporarily change only the look:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (visible-mode 1)
  (my-disable-font-lock-except-org-hide)
#+END_SRC

I have not yet much of an idea how to do this: Disable font lock for
all faces except the face org-hide. What possibilities are there?

Michael