Re: [O] Way to replace normal tabular env with booktabs?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Way to replace normal tabular env with booktabs?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:04:55 -1000

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>> John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I've restarted... still nothing.
>>>
>>> ,---
>>> `---
>>>
>>> Just did another fresh pull, made sure I'm on master, and still don't have
>>> it.
>>>

>> ... oh, one more thing: to use it, *don't do* C-c C-e (that will give
>> you the standard exporter). You have to invoke it explicitly with
>>
>>           M-x org-export-dispatch RET
>
> Got it. Works. What's the status on this exporter? I have settings in
> a setupfile for latex export, which this (obviously) doesn't pick up
> since it's bypassing. Thus, it looks like I'll have to set individual
> options via the org-e-latex family of variables. But... it might be
> nice to know when this will be pulled in. Should I invest in it or
> stick to the normal exporter for now (which does work with the
> booktabs patch)?

The LaTeX and ASCII backends are still in EXPERIMENTAL.  The underlying
parser, etc. are in contrib.

I don't know if there is a schedule for moving this to the Org Mode
core, but it looks certain to make it there someday.

My $0.02 would be to wait for it to move to core and have some
documentation outside the docstrings in the .el files and the occasional
message to the list.

At this point Nicolas welcomes comments, so if you have time to
experiment with it you might be able to help him out.

I'm using it now on a real project with a distant time horizon.  The
document is still simple, but the experimental LaTeX exporter is doing a
good job.  I'm finding it relatively easy to configure.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye