Re: [O] multilingual presentation with org

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] multilingual presentation with org
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 03:18:43 +0530

Nick

What Brian is saying is this and I am interpreting.

There is a line by line correspondence between the two files. So,

1. Put the English file under version control and check it in.

2. Overwrite the English file with the Sanskrit file (remember to
   preserve line by line correspondence) and check the sanskrit file in.

3. Now do a C-x v u to launch ediff on the two versions of the file. Two
   windows will pop up and IIRC, you can arrange for the windows to be
   either arranged side by side or one on top of another.

4. Press q on Ediff control panel so that diff overlays are removed
   while leaving the windows intact.

5. Now do M-x scroll-all-mode so that the two windows scroll
   together. Cursor position in the two windows can be used to guiding
   the eyeballs of the audience.

An advanced option will be to siphon off each stanza in the recital in
to separate files of their own and put the sanskrit and english files in
separate directories (but with the same name) as below.

english/stanza1
english/stanza2

sanskrit/stanza1
sanskrit/stanza2

Then one can do M-x ediff-directories to have all the stanzas show up
and then launch ediff on each of the stanzas.