Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:40:07 -0500

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> You cannot reproduce it, because I misplaced the call to mykeewithnextpar: it
> must be between the two things you want to see glue'd together.
>
> Hence, in the example you mention, it works perfectly.

No, that's not what I'm talking about: I'm not using your mechanism at
all (note the disabling ## in front). What I'm saying is that I find it
exceedingly difficult to reproduce the behavior the OP reported at all:
no tricks, just export to LaTeX and process. That's why I wanted to see
an example of the input file.

My contention is that LaTeX is pretty good at keeping things together
that should be together, so the misbehavior indicates some *other* kind
of problem: e.g. there is a fairly well known problem that causes all of
the figures to end up at the end of the chapter, because the constraints
imposed by the user make it impossible to DTRT.

Nick