Re: [O] Understanding org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Understanding org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:41:56 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> If I have something like:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>         '(("Q"  "Q-Who" todo "IMPLEMENT" ((org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t)))
> ))
>
> in my .emacs
>
> and I have
>

> *** IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]
>  - [X] Explore checkbox list
>  - [ ] Look at the export
>  - [ ] And so on
>

> *** IMPLEMENT explore percent type [33%]
> **** IMPLEMENT the exploration
> **** FINISHED an early step
> **** PLAN a third subtask
>

> does (org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t) mean I should see the subtasks
> in the custom view? This doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> I get
>
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]
>

>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration
>
> alternatively,
>
> how should I set up my custom view to see the subtasks?

Hi Louis,

I think we need more information.  In a todo agenda view you should see
the tasks and any subtasks that are not in a done state.
Your view already shows

>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration

which is the task and one of the subtasks.  If FINISHED is a done state
you won't get that in the view.  I think PLAN should also be listed (if
it is a todo state and not a done state)

How are your todo keywords defined?

Regards,
Bernt