Re: [O] Using org-babel with Scheme

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-babel with Scheme
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:40:54 -0500

I am having both of these issues on Emacs 24.  Emacs crashes sometimes on geiser and babel won't evaluate scheme code as Racket code despite setting 'scheme-program-name and 'org-babel-scheme-cmd to "racket". However, Guile will work if both of those variables hold "guile".

Any new developments?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Leo Alekseyev <address@hidden> writes:

> Is anyone on the list using a recent org-babel with Scheme?  I
> recently started working through SICP, and I'm running into issues
> evaluating scheme src  blocks.  Org-babel error buffer pops up with
> "ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<primitive-generic display>",
> and the minibuffer prompts me for a lisp _expression_.  Is there
> anything I need to configure beyond   (org-babel-do-load-languages
> 'org-babel-load-languages  '((scheme . t)))?
>
> (Running latest org from git in Emacs 24; have Chicken scheme and
> guile installed).

I loaded the ob-scheme.el directly (which should be the same as loading
it with org-babel-do-load-languages as above) and the following works
for me.

#+begin_src scheme
 (+ 1 1 1)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 3

I have guile installed and I have the `scheme-program-name' variable set
to "guile elsewhere in my .emacs init.  I imagine setting the above
variable should enable scheme evaluation.

Best,

while looking into this I did notice that when launching Geiser (a nice
slime-like scheme evaluator) I would sometimes crash my entire Emacs
process by pressing C-g when Geiser prompts for a scheme executable.  I
imagine this is unrelated to your problem, but was certainly surprising.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/