Re: [O] Bug: org-indent-mode cursor movement [7.8.03]

From: Andrew Stine
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-indent-mode cursor movement [7.8.03]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:04:11 -0500

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andrew Stine <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've tried "-q" and it works, but only because emacs reverts to default
>> version of org-mode. The
>> version I am having trouble with is currently installed through elpa.
>>

> Then create a minimal .emacs file that will load the right version of org
> (but exclude
> all your customizations) and start with
>
>    emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/.emacs

I've already done so. For reference, the code in that file is:

    (when
        (load
         (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/elpa/package.el"))
        (package-initialize))

I've been able to duplicate this bug on two machines, three installs, of emacs:
An Archlinux machine with emacs 23.3
The same Archlinux machines with emacs 24.0
A Solaris 10 machine with emacs 23.3

Another note, I've discovered that the problem goes away if I reload
the file "org-indent.el", specifically if I re-eval the function
"org-indent-add-properties."

I think that this is a problem with the way that elpa is loading the
package, but I'm not certain what.

> Unless other people are having trouble with this, I'd suspect a customization
> of yours.

That would follow, but the elpa package is dated Feb 16th and I
suspect that most folks don't upgrade every week. I may just be the
first person to come across this.

- Andrew