Re: [O] Setting multiple variables for code blocks in one property drawe

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Setting multiple variables for code blocks in one property drawer
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:11:18 -0700

Hi,

Viktor Rosenfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte wrote:
>
>> Viktor Rosenfeld <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Eric,
>> >
>> > thanks for your input. I just pulled the latest code from git and while
>> > my original example works, the following does not:
>> >
>> > :PROPERTIES:
>> > :var: foo=1
>> > :var+: bar=2
>> > :var+: baz=3
>> > :END:
>> >
>> > #+BEGIN_SRC sh
>> > echo foo: $foo
>> > echo bar: $bar
>> > echo baz: $baz
>> > #+END_SRC
>> >

>> Thanks for reporting, I've just pushed up a fix for this bug.
>
> Thanks for your fix. The above example now works for me.
>
> However, I've noticed a problem with inheriting var properties. They are
> inherited in a child task only if the child task itself has no var
> property. Is this the intended behavior? See the example below.

Yes,

The example below is the intended behavior.  The property mechanism is
not tailored to variable setting, but is rather a general mechanism for
the concatenation of property strings.  Any property specification
unless it is postfixed with a "+" will /reset/ the value of that
property to its current value.

However try replacing
> :var: foo="a"
with
> :var+: foo="a"
which is valid and should work for your use case below.

There are still some lingering issues with inheritance and Org-mode
properties which I may try to address one of these days.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/