Re: [O] org-odt: cannot find factory styles

From: Matthew Landis
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt: cannot find factory styles
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:38:01 -0500

On 3/2/2012 3:38 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:
If the Org is meant for a global distribution (as opposed to personal
installation), the distributor has to specifically ask the users to copy
the styles file to<<data-directory>>/etc/org.

C-h v data-directory

In your case, the data-directory is c:/emacs-23.4/etc/org/.
....snipped
Style files from the git repo is here:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=tree;f=etc/styles;hb=HEAD

Schema files form the git repo is here:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=tree;f=contrib/odt/etc/schema;hb=HEAD

Remember to download the raw files if you are downloading from git repo.

dear K,
Thanks very much for your response. Based on what you said above, I was able to get it working. I downloaded the Style and Schema files from the git repo, and put them in to the directories that emacs was searching, namely:

Debug (org-odt): Using schema files under c:/emacs-23.4/site-lisp/contrib/odt/etc/schema/
Debug (org-odt): Using styles under c:/emacs-23.4/site-lisp/etc/styles/

In both cases, I had to create the directories. to put them in. I figured it was easier (for now) to put the files where this installation expected them, rather than fix the installation using ELPA etc. When I update, I'm sure I will use the other approaches you mentioned.

Before I could get ODT success, I also had to install zip and unzip for my Windows machine, which I found at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html

Now it works great.

thanks!

Matthew Landis, Ph.D.