[O] Bug: Babel blocks with continuation line at end of block fails to ex

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [O] Bug: Babel blocks with continuation line at end of block fails to export [7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:20:54 -0500

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Hi Eric,

I ran into a Babel related export problem at work where I took
a single C source line in a block which has a trailing \ for a
continuation character like the following example.

,----[ test.org ]
| * Text export
| #+begin_src c
|   #define FOO bar \
| #+end_src
`----

If I try to export this file I get a "Beginning of buffer" error and
the export fails.  I can fix it by removing the trailing \ or adding
another line to the end of the block.

This took a while to find in my huge work org file by manually selecting
headings to export until I found the problem block.  I think babel
should probably handle this more gracefully (if possible) and just
ignore the error and continue.

Thanks for all your great work!!

Regards,
Bernt

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)