Re: [O] How to reduce width of section separators in agenda view?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to reduce width of section separators in agenda view?
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:30:12 -0500

Richard Stanton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an agenda view set up as an org-agenda-custom-command,
>
> ("H" "Office and Home Lists"
>
>      ((agenda)
>
>           (tags-todo "OFFICE")
>
>           (tags-todo "HOME")
>
>           (tags-todo "COMPUTER")))
>
> This works fine, but I notice that each section of the agenda view is
> separated by a line of “=” signs 132 characters long, and when I print in
> portrait mode, these wrap onto the next line. How can I shorten these lines
> to only 80 characters wide?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Check out the variable org-agenda-block-separator. C-h v
org-agenda-block-separator RET says:

,----
| org-agenda-block-separator is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
| Its value is 61
|
| Documentation:
| The separator between blocks in the agenda.
| If this is a string, it will be used as the separator, with a newline added.
| If it is a character, it will be repeated to fill the window width.
| If nil the separator is disabled.  In `org-agenda-custom-commands' this
| addresses the separator between the current and the previous block.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

(61 is '=')

So you can customize it and set it to a string of your choice, or you
can display the block agenda in a window of width <= 80 chars and then
print the window. Both suggestions untested but I hope one or the other
or both work.

Nick