Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:05:41 +0100

Hello,

> For what it is worth, I do agree that this looks wrong now and changing
> it would make it better.  I do not remember why I chose the sequence
> that we have now.  Looking at it now, I would also insert ....... after
> ^^^^^^, and hope that ##### and $$$$$ never get any use :)

For the record, `e-ascii' back-end currently uses the following default
set-up:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defcustom org-e-ascii-underline '((ascii ?= ?~ ?-)
                                   (latin1 ?= ?~ ?-)
                                   (utf-8 ?═ ?─ ?╌ ?┄ ?┈))
  "Characters for underlining headings in ASCII export.

Alist whose key is a symbol among `ascii', `latin1' and `utf-8'
and whose value is a list of characters.

For each supported charset, this variable associates a sequence
of underline characters.  In a sequence, the characters will be
used in order for headlines level 1, 2, ...  If no character is
available for a given level, the headline won't be underlined."
  :group 'org-export-e-ascii
  :type '(list
          (cons :tag "Underline characters sequence"
                (const :tag "ASCII charset" ascii)
                (repeat character))
          (cons :tag "Underline characters sequence"
                (const :tag "Latin-1 charset" latin1)
                (repeat character))
          (cons :tag "Underline characters sequence"
                (const :tag "UTF-8 charset" utf-8)
                (repeat character))))
#+end_src

IMO, ...., ^^^^^, #####, $$$$$$ are just ugly and should require user's
approval (i.e. customization).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou