[O] LaTeX-notes in margin space (was: ways to insert "note to self" in a

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] LaTeX-notes in margin space (was: ways to insert "note to self" in an org-mode file for academic paper)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:33:17 +0100

* Christopher W. Ryan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Suppose I'm writing a draft of a research proposal and come to some part
> that I may want to consider changing, after I think about it some more,
> check with others, or reassess my resources. In LaTex, I'd write
> something like this:
>
> % need to look into this further, check with so-and-so
>
> and keep writing on the next line.

Besides the tipp that you can make an Org-mode todo out of it
(probably the best way to write down todos :-) you might want to
have this notes in the LaTeX PDF result file as well.

For that purpose I am using a LaTeX-newcommand:

\newcommand{\fixxme}[1]{%%
\textcolor{red}{FIXXME}\marginpar{\textcolor{red}{#1}}%%
}

Writing something like this\fixxme{check source for quotation} ends
up in a «FIXXME» within the line and the text in the braces in the
margin space - set in red letters.

--
Karl Voit