Re: [O] Sticky Agenda buffer: Announcement and request for testing

From: Max Mikhanosha
Subject: Re: [O] Sticky Agenda buffer: Announcement and request for testing
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:12:36 -0400

At Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:54:17 +0100,
Rainer Stengele wrote:

> I have a few functions based on the org-agenda-buffer-name, which now is no
> more available,
> as all the agenda buffers are named differently:
>
> ..
>   (if (get-buffer org-agenda-buffer-name)
> ..
> will no more work.

If you don't turn sticky on, then the name of the agenda will stay the
same as before, it only generates unique names if sticky is enabled.

> I hope that the current agenda buffer names pattern will stay as it is.
> I will have to hardcode the changed buffer names.

The method of generating default sticky agenda buffer names by adding
keys used to invoke it will not change.

You can also override it by using `org-agenda-custom-commands', if you
specify `org-agenda-buffer-name' as one of the variables being
overridden for a specific command, that name will take precedence over
the automatic method.

Regards,
  Max