Re: [O] Capture the mouse-highlight help-text in a file?

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] Capture the mouse-highlight help-text in a file?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:39:25 -0400

* Thanks, Nick--I have been pursuing that idea--maybe just extract the regexp, sed/grep etc.

** But I was just thinking maybe there is a simple way to capture the pop up "LINK: file:foo.txt balloon" as you put it--into a file or fifo.

*** Then all sorts of things could be done with it--I'm thinking maybe OrgMode could be used with the lights out/if your blind/screen blinks out---well, OrgMode could be partially used...one could pipe it to a text-to-speech program for example---and/or logging where the mouse has been in an OrgMode document.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
brian powell <address@hidden> wrote:

> * I know that this will toggle the mouse-highlight "messages that pop-up" when you move a mouse over
> a "LINK: " in OrgMode:
>
> (setq mouse-highlight (not mouse-highlight))
>
> ** Now, is there a simple way to send the "messages that pop-up" to a file?

They are already in a file: the org file that contains the link.
A link like this  [[file:foo.txt][foo]] pops up a LINK: file:foo.txt
balloon, so a suitable grep/sed combination suffices.

But I suspect that this is not a satisfactory answer: what exactly are
you trying to do?

Nick