[O] [babel] [bug] org-babel-use-quick-and-dirty-noweb-expansion

From: Nicolas Girard
Subject: [O] [babel] [bug] org-babel-use-quick-and-dirty-noweb-expansion
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:23:47 +0100

Hi all,
I've been succesfully using babel to make various literate programming work. Unfortunately, tangling performance has dramatically decreased, to the point of being barely usable.
I wish I could get advantage of the "quick & dirty noweb expansion" Eric introduced in january, but it has an undesirable side effect. Consider the following minimal example:

#####
#+name: abc
#+begin_src latex
  Abc<<abc-d>>
#+end_src

#+name: abc-d
#+begin_src latex
  Def
#+end_src

#+begin_src latex :noweb yes :tangle test.tex
  <<abc>>
#+end_src
#####

Tangling with *org-babel-use-quick-and-dirty-noweb-expansion* set to nil gives

#####
AbcDef
#####

while tangling with *org-babel-use-quick-and-dirty-noweb-expansion* set to t gives

#####
AbcDef
Def
#####

I'd be very happy if this bug could be tracked down.
Thanks very much in advance !
Cheers,

Nicolas