Re: [O] table spreadsheet problem

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [O] table spreadsheet problem
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:48:15 -0500

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:45:14PM +0100, Martin Halder wrote:

> Am 19.03.2012 um 16:32 schrieb Russell Adams:
> > | article |  price |
> > |---------+--------|
> > | item1   | 100.00 |
> > | item2   | 200.00 |
> > |---------+--------|
> > | sum     | 300.00 |
> > | tax     |  24.00 |
> > |---------+--------|
> > | sum     | 324.00 |
> > #+TBLFM:
> > @4$2=vsum(@address@hidden);%.2f::@address@hidden;%.2f::@6$2=vsum(@address@hidden);%.2f
> >
> > I often use negative headline references for total lines in order to
> > sum backward from the current cell.
> >
> > So vsum(@address@hidden);%.2f means sum the cells between the first headline
> > above the current cell to the second headline above the current cell,
> > and then format the result as a decimal with two decimal places
> > (%.2f).
> >
> > Looking at your formula, I think you manually wrote the TBLFM
> > line. One thing I've found is that the TBLFM line doesn't support
> > relative references for the cell specification, only in the formula.
> >
> > I used C-u C-c = to set mine.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> Hi Russell,
>
> right, I wrote it manually. Thanks for your formula, the problem I have is
> that there
> could be an "item 3" and therefore the "sum", "tax" and second "sum" lines
> are not fixed.
> Is there a solution to specify them dynamically or do I have to modify the
> position
> every time I enter a new item ?

If you use the table editor properly, it will keep the formulas up to
date for you. For instance, if you place your cursor on item2 and
press return, a new line should be created and the formulas cell
references corrected to match.

Beware commands line C-k that may delete a row as text instead of
using the Org-Mode specific table editing commands. If you want to
delete a line like C-k, use M-S-Up instead.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden