[O] [Jambunathan K] Re: Figure and table captions in org-odt.el

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] [Jambunathan K] Re: Figure and table captions in org-odt.el
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 00:02:59 +0530

Martin Gürtler <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to localise the captions of figures or tables. This seems
> not to be built-in (in contrast to the built-in localisation of
> table-of-contents). I wonder whether it is easily possible to get
> "Abbildung 1: ..." instead of the automatic "Figure 1: ..."  in figure
> (and table) captions.

I have added support for this a few minutes ago.  Please discard/undo my
earlier suggestion and try configuring the new variable instead (see
below).

With this change applied and *after* exporting the document via the ODT
exporter, you may want to:

1. create a figure/table index with Insert->Indexes and Tables->Indexes
   and Tables etc
2. insert a couple of figures tables etc *by hand*
3. update fields with Tools->Update->Update All

and make sure that you don't get any weird behaviour.

If there are non-English speakers who are reading this message and then
you may want to give me the localized equivalent for Table, Figure,
Equation in your language.

,----[ C-h v org-export-odt-category-strings RET ]

`----