Re: [O] LaTeX export - can't skip a heading level

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export - can't skip a heading level
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:26:30 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> Especially as this is a limitation of LaTeX, not the exporter.
>>
>> :-)
>
> Not true - the following compiles with no problems:

Yes, LaTeX doesn't really enforce it, but it makes the assumption of
"correct nesting".  It's been a few years since I tried something like
you've posted, but I've quickly learned that funny things happen when
your document grows to a more realistic size (it had to do with how the
counters are interacting).  So I've stopped doing it and have never
looked back.  If you must, you can provide your own sectioning commands
in LaTeX that handle this situation more gracefully, but that's really a
bit much to ask of an org exporter, don't you think?

Regards,
Achim.