Re: [O] Remaining Work Report

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] Remaining Work Report
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:49:49 +0100

>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:58:46 +0530, Manish  said:

  >> Unlike your example I made heavy use of inline tasks and also
  >> wanted heading numbers instead of asterisks, so that the final
  >> table looks like a table of contents with estimated times
  >> remaining.  I had to do some more things to achieve this and can
  >> elaborate if you like.
  >>

  > This is a very nice solution.  Please do elaborate on the other
  > steps when you have time.

  > Cheers!  -- Manish

I hope this is not too OT for the OP.  The functions I used are in the
attached file and used like this:

#+BEGIN: columnview-toc :id file:myfile.org
#+END:

And that gives you a TOC plus inline tasks and times.  The accumulation
of inline task times didn't work until a patch was applied by Bastian at
the weekend.

The solution uses the older org-export-as-ascii which is why I had not
shared it until now, but if someone has the time...

Myles