[O] "Symbol's function definition is void: org-string-nw-p"

From: Steven Buczkowski
Subject: [O] "Symbol's function definition is void: org-string-nw-p"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:44:11 -0400

Morning everyone,

I tried updating orgmode through apt-get last night but found M-x
org-version reporting 6.36c not one of the more recent versions so I
reinstalled by hand this morning from the 7.8.06 tar archive at
orgmode.org. Both installations seemed to run without incident but, now,
when I try to activate a capture task, I get the following error:
"Symbol's function definition is void: org-string-nw-p"

I see where this variable is used in several of the orgmode .el files
but don't see where it gets set or how that relates to my capture setup.
So far, everything but my capture templates seem to work just as they
did on Saturday so something is different as a result one of the two
upgrade attempts. I just don't see what.

I am running orgmode under GNU emacs 23.1.1 and Ubuntu 10.04

M-x org-version still reports version 6.36c but the files
in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp are all timestamped for this
morning's update to 7.8

** .emacs capture template snippet **
(setq org-directory "~/org/")

;;; capture templates
(setq org-capture-templates
 '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory "/Refile.org")
"Tasks")
        "* TODO %?\n %i\n")
   ("c" "Call" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory "/Refile.org")
"Phone Calls")
        "* CALL %?\n %i\n")
   ("e" "Email" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory
"/Refile.org") "Emails")
        "* EMAIL %?\n %i\n")
   ("j" "Journal" entry (file+datetree (concat org-directory
"/Journal.org"))
        "* %?\nEntered on %U\n %i\n")))

*************************************

Any pointers or advice to get this back up and running would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks!

steven
--
Steven Buczkowski

Email: address@hidden
Cell: 413-687-9102 (No texts. Email instead.)
2m/70cm: KB3RRJ (147.135+[156.7]/448.275-[156.7])
Smoke Signal: Two long, Two short. I'll send a rider.