Re: [O] Missing header line in export of tables that contain "special ma

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Missing header line in export of tables that contain "special marking characters"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:19:54 +0200

Hi William,

William Henney <address@hidden> writes:

> When I export a table that uses `!' in the first column to denote the
> column names, then the header line does not appear in the exported
> file (ascii, html, or latex).  Please see the attached example org
> file and html output.  Is this behavior intentional?

Yes, this is intentional.

See the docstring of `org-export-table-remove-special-lines':

  Remove special lines and marking characters in calculating tables.
  This removes the special marking character column from tables that are
  set up for spreadsheet calculations.  It also removes the entire lines
  marked with `!', `_', or `^'.  The lines with `$' are kept, because
  the values of constants may be useful to have.

> Can it be turned off?

I tried to add a new option for this, but the option would be a bit
confusing, and the cost of having it seems to high, considered how
simple the workaround is.    Hope you can live with it!

--
 Bastien