Re: [O] odt-Export and #+CAPTION: [reference text]{caption text}

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] odt-Export and #+CAPTION: [reference text]{caption text}
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:38:25 +0530

> It does what I want.
I have applied my patch to the hotfix branch.

> Unless there is some formatting in the caption.

This is a limitation that we need to live with.

That said, if you want the short captions in bold, then the right thing
to do would be to apply the style to the index entry and not to
individual captions.  Have you experimented with the styles tab in the
Index creator...I haven't checked it myself though.

> Then you get an invalid content.xml, even if you don't use the new
> feature (ie with a simple '#+CAPTION: a_i').

> minimal example:
>
> #+CAPTION: [*a_i*]{a_i is named =A\_i=}
> #+LABEL: tab:referenced table
> | a | b | c |
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |

If you unzip the file you will see that the short caption goes as an
attribute while long caption goes as body text.

LibreOffice doesn't even allow entering space in the object names.  If
you know of any workarounds that will help "mimic" short captions, I can
add it.