Re: [O] odt-Export and #+CAPTION: [reference text]{caption text}

From: Martin Gürtler
Subject: Re: [O] odt-Export and #+CAPTION: [reference text]{caption text}
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:47:43 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Am Freitag, den 30.03.2012, 18:38 +0530 schrieb Jambunathan K:
> > It does what I want.
> I have applied my patch to the hotfix branch.
>
> > Unless there is some formatting in the caption.
>
> This is a limitation that we need to live with.

(Unfortunately, this seems to be so for super/subscripts as well.)

I just found out that now the exporter depends on supplying a short
caption, if the caption contains formatting (which also means
subscripts). If you just give it one version (ala #+CAPTION: a_i), and
the caption contains ,say, a subscript, content.xml becomes invalid. It
works only, if you supply it in the form #+CAPTION: []{a_i}. (Probably,
you take the long versionalso for the short one, if only one is
supplied.) I think this should be fixed as it could break existing
documents.

Regards,

Martin