[O] Date parsing silent failure / german dates

From: Simon Thum
Subject: [O] Date parsing silent failure / german dates
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 18:38:51 +0200

Hi all,

it seem org-mode has some support for dates of the form dd.mm.[yyyy].

This is a popular notation in germany and probably elsewhere, but the support is undocumented and apparently very limited.

For example,

06.03. => 2012-06-03

but adding a time like

03.06. 17:00  => today's date

This latter case seems equivalent to

shub shub => today's date

So for me, as I like the notation, perhaps it could be fixed to allow for dates + times?

Alternatively, the silent failure seems dangerous and should be removed. I'm OK with accepting no input as today, but non-parseable input shouldn't be accepted.

I'm looking into this, but I don't think I'm likely to come up with a fix.

Cheers,

Simon