Re: [O] Problems with (defvar foo) and Emacs 23

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with (defvar foo) and Emacs 23
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 02:01:32 -0400

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos writes:
> > I assume that we are talking about the seven commits
>
> Yes, but likely not all of them (or all changes in them).  The only
> problematic ones are where a dynamically scoped variable is renamed and
> there are a bunch of others that probably are OK.

Agreed, but the point is that each and every variable renaming will need
to be checked in the light of these criteria. Bugs like this have the
potential of creating havoc for a long time to come.

It may be easier to start from a working state than to try to fix the
current broken state piecemeal. Besides, I'd rather have a single commit
in the history that does the right thing: having one commit that creates
the initial buggy state and then N commits at various times to fix the
brokenness might create all sorts of problems (breaking bisectability
e.g.)

Nick