[O] How could I mix COMMENT and TODO?

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] How could I mix COMMENT and TODO?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 07:34:56 -0400

Hi, Orgers of this world! :-)

I do not find how to mix COMMENT and TODO in a working way, and I
thought that someone could advise me.

For ease and simplicity, I try to keep everything related to some topic
in a single file, merely commenting (C-c ;) headers for those parts I do
not want to publish.

I would also like to keep my TODO entries for this topic in the same
file, and these are usually not to be published either.  However, TODO
seems to be ignored whenever it is on or under a COMMENT header.  When I
comment a TODO entry, the TODO gets un-highlighted, and the entry
scheduling disappears from the agenda.

So, until I find something better, I keep these TODO in another file,
which I find an awkward compromise.  I could use #+BEGIN_COMMENT and
such within the entry, but the header itself gets published, which I do
not want.  So, what is the proper way for fully preventing a working
TODO header from being published?  Or else, what is the good approach?

François