Re: [O] ATTR_HTML for a clickable image, howto?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] ATTR_HTML for a clickable image, howto?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:02:55 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> then I get the display I wanted.  Is there a way for having #+ATTR_HTML
>> to be applied to the inner tag instead of the outer one?

> Not -- it would not make sense.

Hello, Bastien.

I understand what you mean by saying it does not make sense with the
current mechanics.  Yet, from a user perspective, it surely makes sense
hoping that Org offers a way for adding attributes to either part of a
link, as links are kind of indivisible (so far that I know).

> I suggest you fix your css instead.

My knowledge of CSS is rudimentary.  I'm not aware that CSS (the version
widely available, not the incoming one) has enough matching capabilities
to spot wrong HTML, remove attributes on some elements and add them on
other elements.  Is that really possible?  Should I dive and study CSS
more?  Without matching, CSS would not help much, as the correction is
needed in three dozen cases at most, and not blindly for all images.

I could ponder using XSL or something else to post-process the HTML
generated by Org, so circumventing the limitation.  This would be adding
an unwelcome layer of complexity.  I like to perceive Org as a tool
which much simplify my life! :-).

François