[O] var expansion on tangling only once per file

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [O] var expansion on tangling only once per file
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:52:26 +0200

Hi

I have a file wide variable defined and tangle several source blockd into one
file.

BNo the variable is expanded in each block.

Would it be possible to have the expansion at the beginning of the file and nod
be repeated, as
this can cause problems?

The following org code

#+PROPERTY: tangle test.R
#+PROPERTY: var TheVar=99

* Part one
#+begin_src R :tabgle:
  x <- 1
#+end_src
* Problem
#+begin_src R
  y <- list(
      x = 1,
#+end_src
* Problem continued
#+begin_src R
      x <- 3
)
#+end_src

results in an error in R due to the repeated "TheVar <- 99" in the list
definition.

Org-mode version 7.8.08 (release_7.8.07.213.ge6fdf) from git this morning

If I remember correctly, this sneeked in quite recently.

Thanks,

Rainer

- --
UCT), Dipl. Phys.