Re: [O] Problem with exporting TAB key

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with exporting TAB key
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 23:03:56 +0900

Hello,
** Bastien [2012-04-06 11:11:00 +0200]:

> Hi Vladimir,

> Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:

>> Just tried, I commented that line in org-exp.el, run Emacs open ORG file
>> export it to HTML and tangle it. HTML document has spaces instead of TAB
>> as well as shell file.

> Can you try the change proposed by Nick in combination with

> (setq org-src-preserve-indentation t)

> an report?

Details:
1. I (temporary) removed org files distributed with Emacs;
2. Tried following combinations:
  A - commented  `untabify' line in `org-exp.el'
  B - run emacs with `org-src-preserve-indentation' set to `t'

not(A) & not(B) -> TAB is replaced with spaces in `ex2.sh'
    A  & not(B) -> TAB is replaced with spaces
not(A) & B      -> TAB remains in `ex2.sh'
    A  & B      -> TAB remains

I'm not sure if step 1 is required but I want to be sure that org files
which are in `/usr/share/emacs/site-package' to be used. I use package
manager of my distro (Archlinux) to install Emacs compiled from source
(bzr repo) and org package, taken from git repo (org files are installed to
`/usr/share/emacs/site-package/org{,_contrib}').

P.S. There is another issue with indentation: when using `C-c '' to edit
source block in appropriate major mode, then in case of shell one, it
adds extra two spaces at begin on any command. If
`org-src-preserve-indentation' is set to `t' that two spaces remains,
though it is not big problem.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Drinking coffee for instant relaxation?  That's like drinking alcohol for
instant motor skills.