Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.0

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.ga481)]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 07:20:27 -0400

on Mon Apr 09 2012, Bastien <bzg-AT-gnu.org> wrote:

>> This is a serious usability bug and a newbie trap.
>>
>> As I mentioned in my report, if some of the commands can handle it,
>> there's no reason all of them shouldn't handle it.
>
>> The only other valid interpretation is that those commands that are
>> handling it as I expect are broken and they're changing things that
>> should really be treated as body text and just happen to look like a
>> SCHEDULED line.
>
> Patch welcome.
>
> Or even more useful: write a small function that goes an Org buffer
> and spot misformatted subtrees, offering to fix them interactively.
> Can you write this?

Actually:

1. I strongly disagree that that would be more useful.  It would leave
   the newbie trap and usability bug in place.

2. John Wiegley has been working on some code that allows such things to
   be trivially implemented and I'd rather not duplicate / overlap with
   him.  John, would you care to push your org-x stuff upstream soon?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing