Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.0

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.ga481)]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:49:14 +0200

Hi Dave,

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. I strongly disagree that that would be more useful.  It would leave
>    the newbie trap and usability bug in place.

Well, we disagree then :)  I think it is useful to have a function that
let everyone (not just newbies) know that some subtrees don't respect
Org's writing conventions.

> 2. John Wiegley has been working on some code that allows such things to
>    be trivially implemented and I'd rather not duplicate / overlap with
>    him.  John, would you care to push your org-x stuff upstream soon?

You might also look at org-element.el.

FYI: Nicolas and I have been discussing about the issue you raised, and
the integration of org-element.el will force us to be clearer about such
cases, which is good.

In the meantime, let's restate this again: don't put SCHEDULED: and
DEADLINE: cookies anywhere else than on the line right below the
headline.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien