Re: [O] org-yank improvement?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] org-yank improvement?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:43:35 -0400

address@hidden (François Pinard) writes:

> [...] so what I usually do is position the cursor at
> the beginning of the /next/ heading and yank the list item there.   [...]
> However, by mistake, it happens that the cursor is on the only visible
> bullet star of the next heading (I'm using org-indent-mode
> instead of really being at the start of the line.

> It never really make sense, in my opinion, to yank in the middle of an
> invisible string.  Luckily enough, yanking is done through a special
> org-yank function, so it is at least theoretically possible to prevent
> this.  My suggestion would be that whenever yanking into a start string,
> that the yanking really occurs at the beginning of it.

While revising old email, I'm stumbling on this, and just got a small
idea.  I do not know if it would work.  While playing with the
visibility of the stars, maybe that the text between the beginning of
the line up to the last and only visible star in a header could be given
the "intangible" attribute.  I did not play with this in a very long
while, but if I remember well, this would prevent inserting in the
middle of this region.

François