Re: [O] View inherited DEADLINEs in agenda

From: Vedang
Subject: Re: [O] View inherited DEADLINEs in agenda
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:08:12 +0530

Hi All,

I had asked a similar question on StackOverflow a long time ago
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4872088/is-there-any-way-for-subtasks-to-inherit-deadlines-in-org-mode)
and one of the answers was useful to me - namely,
http://stackoverflow.com/a/8920418/137430.

Adding the answer here for sake of completion.

"How about a function for adding subtasks? This one adds a deadline to
the subtask if its parent has one:

(defun my-org-insert-sub-task ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((parent-deadline (org-get-deadline-time nil)))
    (org-goto-sibling)
    (org-insert-todo-subheading t)
    (when parent-deadline
      (org-deadline nil parent-deadline))))

Don't forget to bind it to a key:

(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c s") 'my-org-insert-sub-task)"

--
Unix is simple. It takes a genius to understand it's simplicity.    -    Anon
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't

Cheers,
Vedang.

Programmer,
Infinitely Beta.