[O] change single occurrence of repeating event

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] change single occurrence of repeating event
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:05:16 +0200

Hi all,

this is a basic (I think) question about repeating events.

I am looking for an equivalent to other calendar's "change this specific
occurrence" option.

Here is an example.

Assume, I have a repeating event, like a commute:

#+begin_src org
*** Train From Office <2012-01-02 Mo 15:49-17:07 +1w>
#+end_src

Quite often, I need to change that:
1. because I am not commuting (holidays/conference/...)
2. an important meeting postpones the commute

As I aim for the same commuting times every day, I want
1. the repeating event to show in my agenda by default
2. the flexibility to delete or change single occurrences of that
   event.

How would be the best way to accomplish both?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas