Re: [O] Capturing to current file

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: Re: [O] Capturing to current file
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:13:45 -0400

Nick
This is indeed what I am looking for.
Thanks
Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > * Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> >> I am trying to create a thought bin related to a specific project
> >> (org-file, where I perform all my writing task).
> >> My idea is very simple,  if an idea, todo item related to the project
> >> i am working on,  which is usually the case, I would like to  file it
> >> under a specific heading within the same file rather than a master
> >> file.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on how to do this ?
> >
> > Oh yes, take a look on http://orgmode.org/org.html#Capture-templates
> > where you can define target files for your item.
>
> Is it documented on how to achieve what the op requested? Namely to
> store the notes in the current file? Would that be a use for the
> function-finding-location?

I couldn't really tell what the OP requested, but if it is indeed
storing the capture in the current file, the answer is "that can be
done".  AFAIK, it's not documented anywhere except on the mailing list
though - see

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/35759/focus=35781

Something like this (untested):

(setq org-capture-templates
'(
  ("X" "test" entry (file+headline (buffer-file-name (org-capture-get
:original-buffer)) "Tasks") "* TODO %?
  %U %a %n" :prepend t)))

Nick