[O] Making org-fit-agenda-window able to be turned off?

From: Kyle Machulis
Subject: [O] Making org-fit-agenda-window able to be turned off?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 22:23:36 -0700

Would adding a flag to skip calls to org-fit-agenda-window be handy to
anyone else?

Some context: I use workgroups.el
(https://github.com/tlh/workgroups.el) for my desktop management
setup. I have a workgroup that keeps my org-mode daily agenda and
sauron (https://github.com/djcb/sauron) up as my sort of "current
status" desktop. Any time I update the agenda buffer using 'g', the
windows rebalance because of the call to org-fit-agenda-window, making
the sauron window take far more than I want it to. In order to keep
the window sizes the same, I wrap org-fit-agenda-window in defadvice
that checks a variable I set (gross, I know), but was wondering if it
might be useful in other situations and worth adding to org-agenda, or
if it's just me.

There's already checks all over the place for whether org-multi-buffer
is non-nil, which if it is means org-fit-agenda-window doesn't run,
but I think that's for backgrounded buffer updates?