Re: [O] multiple date_tree values possible in a single file

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] multiple date_tree values possible in a single file
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:43:28 +0200

On 04/14/2012 03:23 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On 12.4.2012, at 16:55, Nick Dokos wrote:

Stuart McLean<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi, Nick

I have expressed myself poorly. It is not so much what I can not get to
work. It is more "is such-and-such possible". I would like to have two headings
in one file, and to be able to use `org-capture' to file notes under
each of them
in a date-tree. I know you can file notes under an individual heading
using the DATE_TREE property, but how would you use this for two
different headings?

I hope this is a little more clear,

Yes, thanks!

The docs seem to imply that you cannot do that indeed: the file+datetree
target takes a filename arg, but no heading arg, and afaik they all end
up in the same date tree, i.e. the date tree provides the top level
structure. Cursory experimentation confirms that, but I may have missed
something.

It would be useful to allow an heading argument - nice exercise for someoneā€¦ ?
+1

FWIW, my workaround is to set up multiple templates with different tags, and then filtering by tag if I only want to see those from a certain template.

But it's probably not too hard to do better.

Cheers,

Simon

- Carsten

Nick