Re: [O] Fast linking to files in private git repos through a hyperlink

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Fast linking to files in private git repos through a hyperlink
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:49:42 +0200

* Dov Grobgeld <address@hidden> wrote:

> I thought I would share the following hack that I did with git.
>
> In my org-mode notebook I often find myself references files that reside in
> various private git repos. So far I have referenced these either by just
> writing their name or giving a full path. But giving the full path is
> disruptive and if the repo moves it will no longer work. So I added a hack
> to make the following hyperlink work git:myrepo::myfile . When opening it
> the following happens:
>
> - myrepo is looked up in the emacs hash my-git-repos and mapped to the path
> of a git repo root.
> - git-find-file-in-repo searches for the the file myfile in the the repo
> repo

Cool hack! :-)

You might be interested in looking at the git-module of Memacs[1].
It puts your commits into your Agenda if you want. And for this
purpose it already holds a list of your local repositories. But this
list is generated using shell scripts - Sorry no ELISP here.

I do think both solutions could go well together ...

  1. https://github.com/novoid/Memacs
--
Karl Voit