Re: [O] org-protocol-capture and chrome

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [O] org-protocol-capture and chrome
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:42:27 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It's sitting on the patchwork server waiting to be dealt with.
>>>
>>> http://patchwork.newartisans.com/project/org-mode/list/
>>>
>>> -Bernt
>>>

>> Would be nice : seems straightforward enough and totally backwards
>> comaptible. Nice one Harri.
>
> This has just been applied.  Thanks,

Seems better but using this bookmark:-

,----
| javascript:location.href='org-protocol://capture://'+ location.href+'/'+
document.title+'/'+ window.getSelection()
`----

and this capture template:-

,----
|                             ("z" "default" entry (file+datetree "journal.org")
|                              "* %^{Title}\n\t:PROPERTIES:\n\t:DateCreated:
%T\n\t:END:\n  Source: %u, %c\n\n  %i"
|                              :empty-lines 1)
`----

with org-protocol-default-template-key set to "z" the resulting popup
capture buffer still has the incorrect format for the url link. When I
C-c C-l on the Source link (%c which is the kill ring head ) I get only
"http:" in the Link: field and pressing "enter" on it doesnt do the
xpexted thing (open the link). I dont know which side this needs to be
fixed : possibly %c needs to be reparsed and constructed as a legitimate
org link element?