[O] IDE tools for maintaining Emacs Lisp programs (Org in particular)

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] IDE tools for maintaining Emacs Lisp programs (Org in particular)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 22:56:24 +0200

Hello,

This is a bit OT, but I'd be interested by learning how to get a better
environment for editing ELisp code.

Currently, the only friends I have are ElDoc and C-h f/v for navigation to
symbol definitions. This is rather primitive, isn't it?

When I see what CEDET and ECB seem to offer -- though I'm not using them, not
coding in C/C++, etc. -- , I'm quite jealous.

Questions that I have:

- Do you use TAGS?
- If yes, why don't we make TAGS from within the Makefile?
- If yes, which ones: Emacs-style TAGS, Exuberant Ctags, GNU GLOBAL tags?
- What do you use to jump from the point where a symbol is used to the point
  where a symbol is defined (other than using C-h f/v)?
- How do you return to your previous location?
- Are you able to use CEDET/ECB for Emacs Lisp?
- Are you willing to share extract of your interesting configuration scraps?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban